Melanie challenged her blog readers to come up with 5-10 things we appreciate about an important person in our lives and to share the items on our list with that person. She had some wonderful things to say about her husband. Today I would like to talk about my friend Christa.
I know Christa reads my blog…but she lurks out there, never commenting! 🙂 (Well, never commenting on the actual blog – she gives me great feedback over email.) I’m sure she’ll notice this post very soon.
Here are some things I appreciate about Christa:
1. Christa’s the kind of person you just want to be around, because she’s so vibrant and full of life. When we’re together we laugh, laugh, laugh. My gut hurts from laughing.
2. Even though we don’t live in the same city or even the same province, when we see each other we just pick right back up where we left off, like it was just last week that we had a walk around the trail at RIM Park in Waterloo together and chatted the whole way ’round.
3. She likes what she likes and she’s not afraid to say it. Christa and her husband have been to Walt Disney World probably more than 30 times. They do not have kids – they’re just kids at heart themselves. I love Christa for being who she is and not caring that Disney is her passion. (PS She’s also a great writer. Check out her Disney trip report.)
4. Christa is one of kindest people I know, and hates to hurt other people’s feelings. She’s very conscientious and honest and giving and – well, down right pretty great in terms of being a person and a friend!
5. When all the other people in the world are wondering about us (either secretly or not), “Why don’t you have kids yet?”, Christa understands. She understands that it’s a hard decision to make and it’s not one to be taken lightly. And she tells me that she’ll be happy for me whatever we decide. Unconditional friendship, that is! I love her for it.
This is a woman that you’d want as your friend because she’s just that great. Cheers to you today Chrissy!
(PS I keep telling her to start a blog but she’s not there yet. If you read her trip report and like it, post here with your comments! Maybe we’ll convince her. :-))